Enjoy French: Ebook
Intermediate to Upper Intermediate Course: Improve your fluency and communicate with ease
Mary C. Christensen, Mercedes Rooney
Do you want to have more meaningful conversations in French? Do you want to feel comfortable in a variety of situations?
Based on authentic texts, such as newspaper articles, blogs, songs, poems, and conversations between native speakers, this course will help you improve and build upon the language you already have so that you develop your skills to a level where you can enjoy communicating in French. Incorporating information about the culture, history and geography of France and French-speaking countries, you will be introduced to the more advanced points of French grammar, as well as more colloquial language, and develop your vocabulary so you can express your opinion on a number of topics, as well as react to other people's opinions.
What will I achieve by the end of the course?
By the end of Enjoy French you will have increased your capacity to understand the spoken and written language, and furthered your ability to communicate with French speakers, orally and in writing. This course aims to take you from a good intermediate level (B1/B2 on the Common European Framework of Reference for languages / Advanced Low of the ACTFL) and help you progress up to a C1 / Advanced High level.
Is this course for me?
If you already know some French and want to take it further, this is the course for you. It's perfect for the self-study learner, with a one-to-one tutor, or for the post-beginner classroom.
What do I get?
A coursebook with over two hours of audio online that features:
- Ten units that cover more complex situations than your basic tourist scenarios
- Carefully levelled and sequenced material - a solid path to build up your knowledge
- Insight into both France and the French overseas territories
- Authentic texts, such as newspaper articles, blogs, poems, songs, excerpts and conversations to present the language
- Learn through the Discovery Method which helps you notice patterns and retain the language you learn
- Learn to learn - tips and advice on becoming a better language learner
- Easy to use workbook format.
What else can I use to learn French?
If you require an absolute beginner course, you can try our Get Started in French.
If you want a comprehensive beginner to intermediate course, you should try our Complete French.
Rely on Teach Yourself, trusted by language learners for over 80 years.
Please note that not all devices support the audio/video component of enhanced ebooks. We recommend downloading a sample to check compatibility with your device.