Complete Mandarin Chinese
Learn Mandarin Chinese with Teach Yourself
Zhaoxia Pang, Ruth Herd
This is the free audio that accompanies the 2021 edition of Complete Mandarin Chinese (9781444199376). This book is available from most book retailers. You will need the book to get the most out of this audio.
Complete Mandarin Chinese is a comprehensive book and audio language course that takes you from beginner to intermediate level.
The all-new edition of this successful course has been rewritten by top Chinese professors to incorporate the most essential language you'll need to communicate in Chiense with confidence. New learning features will support you in your mastery of the four skills as well as your understanding of Chinese characters.
Do you want to develop a solid understanding of Mandarin and communicate confidently with others?
Through authentic conversations, vocabulary building, grammar explanations, and extensive practice and review, Complete Mandarin Chinese will equip you with the practical skills you need to use Mandarin in a variety of realistic settings and situations, developing your cultural awareness along the way.
What will I achieve by the end of the course?
By the end of Complete Mandarin Chinese you will have a solid intermediate-level grounding in the four key skills - reading, writing, speaking, and listening - and be able to communicate with confidence and accuracy.
Is this course for me?
IF you want to move confidently from beginner to intermediate level, this is the course for you. It's perfect for the self-study learner, with a one-on-one tutor, or for the beginner classroom. It can also be used as a refresher course.
- Maps from A1 to B1/B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for languages
- HSK references and vocabulary benchmarking
- 24 learning units plus verbs, reference, word glossary, and revision section
- Discovery Method - figure out rules and patterns to make the language stick
- Teaches the key skills - reading, writing, listening, and speaking
- Learn to learn - tips and skills on how to be a better language learner
- Culture notes - learn about the people and places of China
- Outcomes-based learning - focus your studies with clear aims
- Authentic listening activities - everyday conversations give you a flavour of real spoken Mandarin Chinese
- Test Yourself - see and track your own progress
*Complete Mandarin Chinese maps from Novice Low to Advanced Low level proficiency of ACTFL (American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages) and from A1 Beginner to B1/B2 Intermediate level of the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) guidelines. It also contains the vocabulary needed for the HSK (Chinese proficiency test).
Also available: Get Started in Beginner's Mandarin Chinese (ISBN 9781444174809).
You will be able to access this audio online via your browser or by downloading it to the Teach Yourself Library app (available on iOS and Android).